The brood can easily finish few pieces of chicken chops at a go! And buying them from outside is rather costly for just one serving. So I set about looking for a recipe. Found one that requires marinate ingredients already in my fridge and it turned out excellent.
I also made the brown sauce/ gravy using basic ingredients found in the ready made sauce bottles. So many of these ready made sauces have too many undesirable preservatives and flavour enhancers which are totally unnecessary!
I use chicken thighs, breastmeat and fillets, preferably with the skin, to make the chicken chops.
Ingredients – Marinade
- Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- soya sauce
- Marinated the chicken pieces in the above ingredients for a couple of hours.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 mins to an hour at 180 deg to 200 deg (time and temp depends on the amount and size of chicken pieces.
- Once chicken is cooked, I brown them on the pan just for the skin to have some colour. Voila- yummy healthy chicken chops.
Ingredients – Sauce/ Gravy
- juice/ gravy from the baked chicken
- rice vinegar
- corn syrup
- brown sugar
- tomato paste/ puree ( i used a bit of the sauce from baked beans ;))
- red wine (optional)
- flour or cornstarch (optional)
- Dissolve brown sugar in the water. Let it simmer
- Add the gravy from chicken and remaining ingredients.
- tir until all mixed well. Continue to simmer til sauce thickens. (Flour or cornstarch can be added as thickener.)
- Serve over the chicken pieces.